Thursday, September 6, 2012

Enlistments & Birthdays & Such



My little brother has made the whole family proud! He is now enlisted with the air force and was sworn in yesterday. I couldn't be more proud of him. He will go so far and do so great. I hope those shooting games on Xbox will help him protect us, or that he doesn't get too goofy like he does at home. haha! But, we are all really proud of him and excited to see what his future brings. 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICKY! Today is Ricky's 20th birthday and we celebrated going to On the Border and had some cupcakes. I am glad that I got to spend the day with Ricky and help him celebrate the big 2-0! He is no longer a teenager :P

As well today I helped my mom out with taking her to and from her surgery she had today. She got her wisdom teeth pulled and man is she a trooper! She was just talkin away after the surgery which after having mine done I didn't really feel like talking. I don't have any pictures of her to post on here, but from after the surgery she wasn't too swollen (lucky duck!)  so there isn't much to show off for her.

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." ~Groucho Marx

1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful things going on in our family! I love that quote, I might have to write it down ( maybe we should share it with a certain someone too )

    ReplyDelete